Curtains And Drapes
Types of curtains
There are different types of curtains according to the way they are stitched
- Ripple Fold
- Tailored pleat
- Pinched pleated curtains
- inverted pleated curtains
- Grommet Pleat
- Goblet pleat curtain
- Tailored pleat curtains
- Cubical pleat curtains
- Rod pocket curtains
Galaxy design been offering drapes and curtains to client through out the united satte for the past 40 years.
When it comes to drapes and curtains we like to proitorize the rooms as followed:
1- Living room
3- Master bedroom
4- Kids bedroom
5- Guest bedroom
6- All other areas of the home
Don’t Use Single Curtain Design & Color Theme For That Complete Home
This really is really a mistake that most people commit. They select a curtain style plus they set exactly the same curtains theme into each room of the home, whether or not this looks good using the interior decoration or otherwise.
The truth is that each room may have a different curtain style, unless of course you’re dealing with a wide open floor concept and you’ll not need a young child themed curtain inside a family room anymore than you’d want bold and splendid window coverings inside a child’s room.
Curtains and Drapes
When we talk about window treatments, there are a lot of options and it can be quite overwhelming to select the best option for your home. If you include interior decorators like curtains and drapes, it can become even more confusing. These terms are often interchanged with shades and blinds as if these were synonyms. However, all these four types of window treatment can be used with a lot of different decorating styles and in most rooms of the house, each one of them has distinct characteristics of its own.
Chances are that you must have heard or even used the terms curtains and drapes interchangeably. This is a common misconception that often confuses even skilled designers. In fact, the reality is that there are many important differences between the two, all of which completely change the feel and functionality of the room. Understanding these differences will help you choose the better option to achieve the desired look for your home.
Differences between curtains and drapes
- Drapes are usually seen as a more formal window covering than curtains.
- Drapes are manufactured using heavier fabric than curtains.
- Curtains are often seen on the windows of different places like offices, restaurants, dormitory rooms, and homes whereas drapes are usually seen in formal rooms like dining rooms of an elegant home or in high-end hotels and restaurants.
- Drapes are generally longer than a standard set of curtains.
- People often use heavy drapes for keeping the cold air from entering their homes through windows.
- Curtains can be easily taken down and put up again while drapes require far greater effort because of their thick fabric and length.
- In most cases, drapes need to be taken to a nearby dry cleaner for regular cleaning due to their special fabric. However, curtains can easily be cleaned at home in a washing machine.
- Drapes are mostly operated on one side of the window by a drawstring
Choose the right window treatment at Galaxy Design
You will want to choose the best possible window treatments for your home. At Galaxy Design, we will help you do just that. We have an amazing collection of modern curtains and drapes that you will surely love. Here is what you should look at when choosing our product that best suits your requirements:
- To Block out the Light
In case you are looking to block out light completely, we suggest you go for the thick-lined drapes. This is a popular choice especially for bedrooms and other private areas.
- For Letting in the Light
Curtains come in different variations of thickness and you should choose the sheer curtain that let the light in. Choosing a sheer curtain of a warmer shade will mean that once the sun shines in, your room will be flooded with beautiful light.
- Alternating Between the Two
If you wish to alternate between completely blocking out the light and allowing the light to shine through, then curtains having blinds underneath will work best. They can be lowered or raised to suit your needs.
- For Blocking Out Noise/Insulate
Drapes which extend from the top of the window till the floor and contain a thick lining block out noise and insulate your home nicely. Polyester is one of the most popular choices for noise-reducing and insulating drapes.
There are a few different types of lining when it comes to curtains and drapes and they are available in many colors.
Black-out lining: These type of lining provides full privacy as well as light control
Thermal lining: This lining as the name says provides thermal insulation and reduces light control
Plain cotton lining: This is the most common type of linning used for most of the drapes that are custom made to prolong the life of drapes and curtains.
Self Lined: This is another layer of the same fabric used so that both sides of the drapes and curtains look the same.
Based on your need for light control and privacy you may combine some of these linings together if need it to.
Why Choose Galaxy Design?
- 37-year track record providing elegant custom draperies.
- Unique Drapery Designs
- Friendly and Knowledgeable Customer Care Specialists available to help with any issues or concerns that may arise.
- Designers who will work with you until you find the designs that you love.
- An exclusive selection of Royal Drapery Designs packages
- Hand-painted Captivating Drapery Hardware embellished with Swarovski crystal elements
- Luxury interior design experience from the comfort of your own home at a time that is convenient for you
- Purchase with confidence, we stand behind all of our products and workmanship making sure that you are fully satisfied with your Royal Draperies.
- 100% Satisfaction GuaranteeWhy? Because window treatments from Galaxy design should make you happy.
- Our Elegant Drapes are the focal point in any room and we want our customers to love what they see every day! If you aren’t completely satisfied with your custom drapery for any reason, we will work with you till you are.